Simpson H2A Hurricane Tie - G90 Galvanized
Contractor or Frequent Buyer?Give us a call at
Contractor or Frequent Buyer?Give us a call at to discuss our Custom Buying Programs, pricing on large orders, shipping options and other ways we can make your life easier.
- Finish:G90 Galvanized
- For Use With Treated Lumber:no
- Manufacturer Name:Simpson Strong-Tie
- Thickness:18 Gauge
- Product Guide Document:Download PDF
Simpson Strong-Tie H series of hurricane ties provide a positive connection between truss/rafter and the wall of the structure to resist wind and seismic forces. The Strong-Tie H2A Hurricane Tie features a G90 Galvanized finish for added corrosion resistance and requires the use of hot-dip galvanized fasteners which meet the specifications of ASTM A153.
- Use all specified fasteners.
- Use hot-dip galvanized (HDG) nails with ZMAX and HDG connector products. Use Type 316 stainless-steel nails with our stainless-steel connector products.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
- When installing ties on plated trusses (on the side opposite the truss plate) do not fasten through the truss plate from behind. This can force the truss plate off of the truss and compromise truss performance.
NOTE: The correct fasteners installed in the correct position must be used to achieve published load values